Solo & Invitational Art Shows
- OMNI Gallery. Uniondale NY. “The Flower Show”. January – June 2020
- Ashawagh Hall East Hampton NY. “Contemplations”. June 2019
- Farmingdale State College. Memorial Gallery. June 2019
- Huntington Arts Center. Featured Artist. June-Sept. 2019
- Artist’s Spotlight. Light Space and Time. February 2019.
- The Bridgehampton Museum. Market + Art Show. July 5-8, 2018
- Bayard Cutting Arboretum. Great River. NY. “Floral Contemplations. The Duality of Vision” Solo Invitational. May/June, 2018
- Daniel Gale. Northport NY. Solo Invitational. “Flowers – Up Close and Personal”. September 2017
- Daniel Gale. Northport NY. “Long Island Homes and Gardens”. Solo Invitational. October 2016.
- Bayard Cutting Arboretum. Great River, NY. “Gardens Revisited”. Solo Invitational. May/July, 2016
- Emma C. Clark Library. Setauket NY. “Portraits”. Solo Invitational. April. 2016
- Northport Public Library. “Portraits: People, Pets, Places & Things”. Solo Invitational. Dec. 2015
- Syosset Public Library. “Portraits”. Solo Invitational. April 2015
- Mills Pond House Gallery, Kings Park, NY “Out of the Box”. Invitational. May 31-June 28, 2014
- Harborfields Library, Greenlawn, NY. “From the Garden to the Wall”. Solo Invitational. March 2014.
- Art-trium. Melville, NY. “Living Color”. Invitational. March-June, 2013.
- Wine Cellar on Main. Northport NY. “Northport in Bloom. Gardens & Art. Where Passions Merge.” Solo. Aug-Oct, 2012
- Huntington Petite Library. Huntington Station, NY “An Artist’s Garden: Another View”. Solo Invitational. June. August, 2011.
- Huntington Main Library. Main Street, Huntington NY. “An Artist’s Garden”. Solo Invitational. June-July, 2011.
- Northport Tasting Room and Wine Cellar. Northport NY.”Welcome To My Garden”. Solo Invitational. Nov-Dec 2008.
- Bellemeade Gallery, Smithtown Picture Frame. Invitational. Smithtown NY. May-June 2007.
- Harborfields Library, Greenlawn NY. “Digital & Traditional. A Garden View”. Solo Invitational. February 2007.
- LaMantia Gallery, Invitational. Northport, NY. 1995.
Juried Competitions & Awards
- Islip Art Museum. Islip NY. “Art At 50+ – What Long Island Means To Me”. Dec 2019-Jan 2020
- Lord & Andra Gallery. NAWA. “Big Action in Small Spaces”. Oct-Nov. 2019
- Beamsderfer Gallery. NAWA. “Real/Unreal”. October, 2019
- Islip Art Museum. “The Art of Collaborating” . July 2019.
- Long Island Museum. “The Written Word”. May 2019
- Mills Pond House. Smithtown NY. Juror James Rubin. “Time”. May 2019
- Women Celebrating Creativity. NAWA. March 2019.
- Visual Biography-Women’s Narrative. New York Public Libary New York NY. March 2019.
- Small Work Winter 2019. National Association of Women Artists. NAWA. New York NY. Feb 2019.
- Slide Slam. Juried Presentation. Sponsored by the Patchogue Arts Coalition. January 2019.
- “My Long Island Landmarks”. Juried Exhibition. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities. June 2016.
- “Figuratively Speaking”. Juried Exhibition. Art League of Long Island. June, 2016
- “Art in Motion, Motion in Art”. Juried Exhibition. Art League of Long Island. Honorable Mention. March – April, 2016.
- “Home: The Way We Live Now” Juried Exhibition. The Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages, August, 2014.
- “Still Life” Juried Exhibition. Huntington Arts Council. Dec 2012 – Jan 2013.
- “Long Island, Natural Wonder”. Juried Exhibition. The Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages, June, 2012.
- Grand Opening Exhibition. Juried Exhibition. The Studio, Main St. Port Wash. NY June, 2012.
- Urban Legends and Country Tales. Juried Exhibition. Oct-Nov. 2008
Bonita Museum & Cultural Center, Bonita California
- Water Mill Museum, Juried Exhibition. Water Mill NY. Summer 2006
Juried Exhibition Sponsored by the Catherine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club
- “Connecticut Invasives.” Sponsored by the Norwalk River Association. Juried Exhibition. Weir Farm, Wilton CT. Summer 2003.
- Heckscher Museum, Huntington NY.
Wolf Kahn & Emily Mason, co-jurors. 39th Annual Long Island Artist’s Exhibition.
Sponsored by the Huntington Township Arts League.1994
- Hutchins Gallery. C.W. Post, LIU. Brookville NY.
“Celebrating Women Artists”Sponsored by: The Long Island Women’s Institute. 1993
- The National Art League, Douglaston NY. 63rd Annual Open Art Exhibition. 1993
- Nassau County Museum of Art. “North by South Show”. 1993
- Floral Park Art League, NY. Assorted First, Second & Third Place Awards for Oils & Acrylics.1977-1979
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Main Street Nursery Invitational. June 2019
- National Association of Women Artists. NAWA. New Member’s Exhibition. Nov 8-Dec 4, 2018
- BJ Spoke Gallery. “Harvest of Artists”. December 2018
- Northport Arts coalition. Northport Pop-Up Shows. Northport NY. 2015-2017
- Firefly Gallery. Northport NY. June-July 2015
- Old Westbury Gardens. ” Dog Days” April 2015
- Main St. Nursery. Artists Market. Oct. 2014
- Mary O. Fritchie Annual Art Exhibition, Westhampton Beach NY. Aug 2014
- Huntington Arts Council, Huntington NY “Personal Best”. July, 2014
- Huntington Arts Council, Huntington NY. Auction on Main. November, 2012.
- Art League of LI, Dix Hills, NY. “Personal Vision”. November, 2012.
- Main Street Nursery, Huntington NY. Fall Artist & Artisan Marketplace. Oct, 2012
- Huntington Arts Council. Melville, NY. “Personal Vision”, May-Aug, 2012.
- Northport ArtWalk. Northport Chamber of Commerce. Northport NY. April-June, 2012.
- Art League of Long Island. January-February, 2009. “Double Take”. Huntington NY.
- MOCA: Museum of Computer Art. September, 2008
- International Digital Art Show. Brooklyn New York 11215
- Art-trium Gallery, Melville NY. June 2007. Sponsored by: Huntington Arts Council
- Martha Clara Vineyards, Riverhead NY. Summer 2006 “The Days of Wine and Roses.”. Sponsored by the East End Arts Council
- Art-trium Gallery, Melville NY. Summer 2006. Sponsored by: Huntington Arts Council
- East End Arts Council, Riverhead NY. Winter 2006 Recent Works
- Planting Fields Arboretum, Oyster Bay, NY. 2003. The Council of Botanical & Horticultural Libraries Annual Conference.
- Huntington Township Art League, Huntington NY. 1994. “Mindscapes”
- 2005-2008. Juried Art Festivals in 6 different states
Member Group Exhibitions
- Artists Alliance of East Hampton. East Hampton NY.
- Mills Pond House. Smithtown Arts Council. Smithtown NY.
- Islip Art Museum. Islip NY.
- The Firefly Artists Gallery. Northport NY.
- Guild Hall. Easthampton. NY
- National Association of Women Artists. NAWA. NYC.
- Northport Arts Coalition. Northport NY.
- Cow Harbor Day Art Show. Northport NY.
- Art League of Long Island. Dix Hills NY.
- Huntington Arts Council. Huntington. NY
- LI Museum of Art. Stony Brook. NY
- b.j.Spoke Gallery, Huntington NY. Member. 1992-1995
- 1980 – Present. Professional Artist.
- 2000 – Present Juror/Show/Event Coordinator
- 2020 – Present National Association of Women Artists. NAWA. Recording Secretary Public Relations Committee. Juror.
- 2020-2021 Centerport Garden Club President
- 2009 – 2017. Reimagined Memories. Founder & Professional Artist Custom Painting, Photo Editing & Restoration.
- 1994 – 2017. Ondesign. Founder & Creative Director of. A digital design company.
- 2010 – 2017. Centerport Garden Club. Online Communications & Horticulture Specialist.
- 2011-2013. Board Member of the Northport Chamber of Commerce. Co-Chair of the Public Relations & Online Communications Committee
- 2010 – 2012. Northport ArtWalk Committee Chairperson
- 2000-2005. Communications Director. NY Rhododendron Society.
- 1990-94. Dynatech Video Group National Sales & Marketing Manager. Digital Paint & Graphics Devices.
- 1984-90. Chyron Corp. Northeast Regional Sales Manager. Digital Paint & Graphics Devices.
- February 2021. Invited Speaker. National Association for Women Artists. Noon With NAWA. Online Presentation. “The Beginners Guide To Social Media”.
- August 2019. Invited Speaker. Three Village Garden Club. “From the Garden to the Wall. Design Concepts Used When Creating a Painting and Creating a Garden”.
- January 2019. Slide Slam. Juried Presentation. Sponsored by the Patchogue Arts Coalition.
- June 2018. Invited Speaker. Bayard Cutting Arboretum, Great River NY. “Contemplations – The Duality of Vision”
- September 2017. Invited Speaker. American Rhododendron Society, Long Island Chapter. “From the Garden to the Wall. Design Concepts Used When Creating a Painting and Creating a Garden”.
- March 2015. Invited Speaker, Long Island Horticultural Society. “From the Garden to the Wall”.
- March 2014. Invited Speaker in conjunction with a One-Person Art Show. “From the Garden to the Wall”. A Conversation About Workflow & Process in Creating Digital and Traditional Mixed Media Art. Sponsored by: Harborfields Library & Centerport Garden Club.
- August 2013. Invited Speaker. “From the Garden to the Wall”. A Conversation About Workflow & Process in Creating Digital and Traditional Mixed Media Art. Sponsored by: Huntington Arts Council.
- Nov. 2008. Invited Speaker: The Art of Doing Business in the Arts.
Breaking In Is Hard To Do. Talent Alone Guarantees Nothing.
Southampton Cultural Center on Long Island, NY
- Feb. 2007. Invited Speaker. “Creativity and the Business of Art”.
In conjunction with a One-Person Art Show at the Harborfields Library in Greenlawn, NY.
- Nov. 2006. Invited Speaker. “Creating, A Life” A presentation showing & discussing the evolution of an Artistic vision and the application of that vision as it applies to Fine Art, Business Development and Life in general.
Sponsored by: Farmingdale State University. Dept. of Ornamental Horticulture.
- Feb. 1999. Guest lecturer. “Use of the Internet in a comprehensive marketing program designed for businesses in the field of horticulture”
Farmingdale State University. Dept. of Ornamental Horticulture.
- Feb. 1996. Invited Presenter. “Use of color measurement and management devices in the development of multi-media design projects for use on the internet and in print.
Seybold, San Francisco, CA. Sponsored by Lightsource.
- Feb. 1994. Invited Speaker. Presentation of my fine arts catalog raisonné with a focus on the evolution of personal style and artistic influences.
The Heckscher Museum, Huntington NY.
- Feb. 1988. Invited Panel Speaker. “Opportunities for Women in the Field of Television”. Sponsored by the LI Chapter of the Society of Broadcast Engineers.
- Jan. 1987. Invited Speaker. “Electronic Paint Systems and Character Generators. Defining their use in creating graphics, illustration and design for television stations and production houses.”
Sponsored by the Maine Chapter of the Society of Broadcast Engineers.
- Daily Social Media Publishing. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube
- Artist’s Spotlight. Light Space and Time. February 2019.
- Arts Business Institute. Artist Profile. August 17, 2018
- Hamptons Art Hub. Portfolio: Mary Ahern’s Floral Portraits Entwine Nature, Art & Life Examined. June 2018.
- “Thinking Outside the Box” at the Mills Pond House Gallery by Elise Pearlman. June 2014. Outside-the-box
- The Village Connection. Huntington Edition
Cover Image and Related Article. “Mary Ahern, Our Featured Artist” by Tanya Lee. April 2010
- Huntington Arts Council. Spotlight Artist of the Month
“Another Type of Canvas” by Diane Brown & Dianne Matus, October 2009
- The North Shoreian. The Creatives: North Shore Artists in Profile
“Capturing a Moment in Art” by Shaughnessy Anne McKenna Dusling. April 2009.
- Dream Chasers. At midlife, taking lower pay to begin more satisfying careers
January 4, 2008. Featured article in the Newsday Business section By Arlene Gross. © Newsday
- “Artist Cultivates Her Livelihood Like A Garden – Mary Ahern Has a GreenThumb for Botanicals & Business”
Featured article in the Movers and Shakers column by Arlene Gross. © The Times of Northport. 2007.
- “Welcome To Mary’s Garden”
Featured article by Ellen Thompson © The Long Islander News. 2007.
- “Mary Ahern Loves To Draw”
Featured article by Doris Rowe © The Northport Observer. 2005.
- “Success Stories in Electronic Publishing”
Featured article by Aisha Madison © Publish Magazine. 1997.
This article focused on how I used technology to create consistent color across multiple media whether the end result was print, video or the Web.
- “The Future Through Both Ends of the Looking Glass”
Featured Article by Rodney Stock & Suzan Prince. © 9’87 Computer Pictures Magazine.Panel in Print: “Broadcast Computer Graphics. Where Has It Been and Where Is It Going?” I was invited to this panel of 12 manufacturers and designers assembled from all areas of the television & production industries.
Life-Long Learning in workshops across the United States. Some of which are:
Alyson Stanfield: Art Biz Success System Inner Circle
Bernadett Jiwa-Akimbo: Story Skills
Seth Godin-Akimbo: The Creatives
Certificate in Botanical Art and Illustration.
New York Botanical Garden.
A.A.S. Ornamental Horticulture. Farmingdale State University.
Robert J. Rodler Scholarship. Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
B.A. Queens College. Major in Fine Arts
Graduated with Fine Arts Award of Distinction. Cum Laude
Post-graduate work in Computer Science. Columbia University.