Solo & Invitational Art Shows
- The Bridgehampton Museum Market Art & Design Show. Booth # 403. July 5-8, 2018
- “Floral Contemplations. The Duality of Vision” Solo Invitational. Bayard Cutting Arboretum. Great River. NY. May/June, 2018
- “Flowers – Up Close and Personal”. Solo Invitational. Daniel Gale. Northport NY. September 2017
- “Long Island Homes and Gardens”. Solo Invitational. Daniel Gale. Northport NY. October 2016.
- “Gardens Revisited”. Solo Invitational. Bayard Cutting Arboretum. Great River, NY. May/July,
- “Portraits”. Solo Invitational. Emma C. Clark Library. Setauket NY. April,
- “Portraits: People, Pets, Places & Things”. Solo Invitational. Northport Public Library. Dec. 2015
- “Portraits”. Solo Invitational. Syosset Public Library. April 2015
- “Out of the Box”. Invitational. Mills Pond House Gallery, Kings Park, NY May 31-June 28, 2014
- “From the Garden to the Wall”. Solo Invitational. Harborfields Library, Greenlawn, NY. March 2014.
- “Living Color”. Invitational. Art-trium. Melville, NY. March-June, 2013.
- “Northport in Bloom. Gardens & Art. Where Passions Merge.” Solo. Wine Cellar on Main. Northport NY. Aug-Oct, 2012
- “An Artist’s Garden: Another View”. Solo Invitational. Huntington Petite Library. Huntington Station, NY June. August, 2011.
- “An Artist’s Garden”. Solo Invitational. Huntington Main Library. Main Street, Huntington NY. June-July, 2011.
- “Welcome To My Garden. Digital & Traditional Botanical Fine Art”. Solo. Northport Tasting Room and Wine Cellar. Main Street, Northport NY. Nov-Dec 2008.
- Bellemeade Gallery, Smithtown Picture Frame. Invitational. Smithtown NY. May-June 2007.
- “Digital & Traditional. A Garden View”. Solo Invitational. Harborfields Library, Greenlawn NY. February 2007.
- LaMantia Gallery, Invitational. Northport, NY. 1995.
Juried Competitions & Awards
- “My Long Island Landmarks”. Juried Exhibition. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities. June 2016.
- “Figuratively Speaking”. Juried Exhibition. Art League of Long Island. June, 2016
- “Art in Motion, Motion in Art”. Juried Exhibition. Art League of Long Island. Honorable Mention. March – April, 2016.
- “Home: The Way We Live Now” Juried Exhibition. The Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages, August, 2014.
- “Still Life” Juried Exhibition. Huntington Arts Council. Dec 2012 – Jan 2013.
- “Long Island, Natural Wonder”. Juried Exhibition. The Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages, June, 2012.
- Grand Opening Exhibition. Juried Exhibition. The Studio, Main St. Port Wash. NY June, 2012.
- Urban Legends and Country Tales. Juried Exhibition. Oct-Nov. 2008
Bonita Museum & Cultural Center, Bonita California
- Water Mill Museum, Juried Exhibition. Water Mill NY. Summer 2006
Juried Exhibition Sponsored by the Catherine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club
- “Connecticut Invasives.” Sponsored by the Norwalk River Association. Juried Exhibition. Weir Farm, Wilton CT. Summer 2003.
- b.j.Spoke Gallery, Huntington NY. Member. 1992-1995
- Heckscher Museum, Huntington NY.
Wolf Kahn & Emily Mason, co-jurors. 39th Annual Long Island Artist’s Exhibition.
Sponsored by the Huntington Township Arts League.1994
- Hutchins Gallery. C.W. Post, LIU. Brookville NY.
“Celebrating Women Artists”Sponsored by: The Long Island Women’s Institute. 1993
- The National Art League, Douglaston NY. 63rd Annual Open Art Exhibition.
Juried competition. 1993
- Nassau County Museum of Art. “North by South Show”
Juried competition. 1993
- Floral Park Art League, NY.
Assorted First, Second & Third Place Awards for Oils & Acrylics.1977-1979
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Art Blend. Bridgehampton Museum, NY. July 2018
- Northport Pop-Up Shows. Northport Arts coalition. Northport NY. 2015-2017
- Firefly Gallery. Northport NY. June-July 2015
- Dog Days. Old Westbury Gardens. April 2015
- Main St. Nursery. Artists Market. Oct. 2014
- Mary O. Fritchie Annual Art Exhibition, Westhampton Beach NY. Aug 2014
- “Personal Best”. Huntington Arts Council, Huntington NY, July, 2014
- Auction on Main. Huntington Arts Council, Huntington NY, November, 2012.
- “Personal Vision”, Art League of LI, Dix Hills, NY. November, 2012.
- Fall Artist & Artisan Marketplace. Main Street Nursery, Huntington NY. Oct, 2012
- “Personal Vision”, Huntington Arts Council. Melville, NY. May-Aug, 2012.
- Northport ArtWalk. Northport Chamber of Commerce. Northport NY. April-June, 2012.
- Art League of Long Island. January-February, 2009
“Double Take”. Huntington NY.
- MOCA: Museum of Computer Art. September, 2008
International Digital Art Show
Brooklyn New York 11215
- Art-trium Gallery, Melville NY. June 2007
Sponsored by: Huntington Arts Council.
- Martha Clara Vineyards, Riverhead NY. Summer 2006.
“The Days of Wine and Roses.”
Sponsored by the East End Arts Council.
- Art-trium Gallery, Melville NY. Summer 2006
Sponsored by: Huntington Arts Council.
- East End Arts Council, Riverhead NY. Winter 2006
- Planting Fields Arboretum, Oyster Bay, NY. 2003
The Council of Botanical & Horticultural Libraries Annual Conference.
- Huntington Township Art League, Huntington NY. 1994
- 2005-2008. Juried Art Festivals in 6 different states.
Member Group Exhibitions
- Art in the Park. Northport Arts Coalition. Northport NY. .
- Cow Harbor Day Art Show. Northport NY. .
- Art League of Long Island. Dix Hills NY.
- Huntington Arts Council. Huntington. NY
- LI Museum of Art. Stony Brook. NY
- 1980 – Present. Professional Artist.
- 2009 – 2017. Reimagined Memories. Founder & Professional Artist Custom Painting, Photo Editing & Restoration.
- 1994 – 2017. Ondesign. Founder & Creative Director of. A digital design company.
- 2009 – 2017. Centerport Garden Club. Online Communications & Horticulture Specialist.
- 2011-2013. Board Member of the Northport Chamber of Commerce. Co-Chair of the Public Relations & Online Communications Committee
- 2010 – 2012. Northport ArtWalk Committee Chairperson
- 2000-2005. Communications Director. NY Rhododendron Society.
- 1990-94. National Sales & Marketing Manager.
Digital Paint & Graphics Devices. Dynatech Video Group
- 1984-90. Northeast Regional Sales Manager.
Digital Paint & Graphics Devices. Chyron Corp.
- June 2018. Invited Speaker. Bayard Cutting Arboretum, Great River NY. “Contemplations – The Duality of Vision”
- September 2017. Invited Speaker. American Rhododendron Society, Long Island Chapter. “From the Garden to the Wall. Design Concepts Used When Creating a Painting and Creating a Garden”.
- March 2015. Invited Speaker, Long Island Horticultural Society. “From the Garden to the Wall”.
- March 2014. Invited Speaker in conjunction with a One-Person Art Show. “From the Garden to the Wall”. A Conversation About Workflow & Process in Creating Digital and Traditional Mixed Media Art. Sponsored by: Harborfields Library & Centerport Garden Club.
- August 2013. Invited Speaker. “From the Garden to the Wall”. A Conversation About Workflow & Process in Creating Digital and Traditional Mixed Media Art. Sponsored by: Huntington Arts Council.
- Nov. 2008. Invited Speaker: The Art of Doing Business in the Arts.
Breaking In Is Hard To Do. Talent Alone Guarantees Nothing.
Southampton Cultural Center on Long Island, NY
- Feb. 2007. Invited Speaker. “Creativity and the Business of Art”.
In conjunction with a One-Person Art Show at the Harborfields Library in Greenlawn, NY.
- Nov. 2006. Invited Speaker. “Creating, A Life” A presentation showing & discussing the evolution of an Artistic vision and the application of that vision as it applies to Fine Art, Business Development and Life in general.
Sponsored by: Farmingdale State University. Dept. of Ornamental Horticulture.
- Feb. 1999. Guest lecturer. “Use of the Internet in a comprehensive marketing program designed for businesses in the field of horticulture”
Farmingdale State University. Dept. of Ornamental Horticulture.
- Feb. 1996. Invited Presenter. “Use of color measurement and management devices in the development of multi-media design projects for use on the internet and in print.
Seybold, San Francisco, CA. Sponsored by Lightsource.
- Feb. 1994. Invited Speaker. Presentation of my fine arts catalog raisonné with a focus on the evolution of personal style and artistic influences.
The Heckscher Museum, Huntington NY.
- Feb. 1988. Invited Panel Speaker. “Opportunities for Women in the Field of Television”. Sponsored by the LI Chapter of the Society of Broadcast Engineers.
- Jan. 1987. Invited Speaker. “Electronic Paint Systems and Character Generators. Defining their use in creating graphics, illustration and design for television stations and production houses.”
Sponsored by the Maine Chapter of the Society of Broadcast Engineers.
- Hamptons Art Hub. Portfolio: Mary Ahern’s Floral Portraits Entwine Nature, Art & Life Examined. June 2018.
- “Thinking Outside the Box” at the Mills Pond House Gallery by Elise Pearlman. June 2014. Outside-the-box
- The Village Connection. Huntington Edition
Cover Image and Related Article. “Mary Ahern, Our Featured Artist” by Tanya Lee. April 2010
- Huntington Arts Council. Spotlight Artist of the Month
“Another Type of Canvas” by Diane Brown & Dianne Matus, October 2009
- The North Shoreian. The Creatives: North Shore Artists in Profile
“Capturing a Moment in Art” by Shaughnessy Anne McKenna Dusling. April 2009.
- Dream Chasers. At midlife, taking lower pay to begin more satisfying careers
January 4, 2008. Featured article in the Newsday Business section By Arlene Gross. © Newsday
- “Artist Cultivates Her Livelihood Like A Garden – Mary Ahern Has a GreenThumb for Botanicals & Business”
Featured article in the Movers and Shakers column by Arlene Gross. © The Times of Northport. 2007.
- “Welcome To Mary’s Garden”
Featured article by Ellen Thompson © The Long Islander News. 2007.
- “Mary Ahern Loves To Draw”
Featured article by Doris Rowe © The Northport Observer. 2005.
- “Success Stories in Electronic Publishing”
Featured article by Aisha Madison © Publish Magazine. 1997.
This article focused on how I used technology to create consistent color across multiple media whether the end result was print, video or the Web.
- “The Future Through Both Ends of the Looking Glass”
Featured Article by Rodney Stock & Suzan Prince. © 9’87 Computer Pictures Magazine.Panel in Print: “Broadcast Computer Graphics. Where Has It Been and Where Is It Going?” I was invited to this panel of 12 manufacturers and designers assembled from all areas of the television & production industries.
Life Long Learning in workshops all around the country.
Certificate in Botanical Art and Illustration.
New York Botanical Garden.
A.A.S. Ornamental Horticulture. Farmingdale State University.
Robert J. Rodler Scholarship. Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
B.A. Queens College. Major in Fine Arts
Graduated with Fine Arts Award of Distinction. Cum Laude
Post-graduate work in Computer Science. Columbia University.